Friday, August 17, 2012

Audi 1.8T Gets Some Hose Candy

Audi 1.8T Gets Some Hose Candy

This Blog post was submitted to us (via Forum post (see link at bottom) and email) by a happy Hose Candy customer.  So happy that he is requesting a Bullet Proof Brake Booster Hose.
Well, I decided to go ahead and take the plunge. Like most of us, I kept seeing commercials for it. With the F23 build in the works, I wanted to refresh all my hoses. My main goal was to get rid of the HORRIBLE worm clamps.
First of all, it’s REALLY easy to do. I got a bunch of assorted sizes of thick walled silicone vac hoses from Hose Candy (enough to do 3 cars), and the “shop kit” (Master Kit from Hose Candy) which is a pretty big assortment of adapters and various fittings. The system is leak free and clean in just a few minutes.
Hose Candy has these pieces that snap onto a nipple like the one coming off of the charge pipe, DV, WG, manifold, etc. Those pieces then snap into other pieces, that fit into a hose end. So far, pretty cool system. I pressurized afterwards, and everything seems fine.

ac4820d3 Audi 1.8T Gets Some Hose Candy
557e8112 Audi 1.8T Gets Some Hose Candy
7a0715b4 Audi 1.8T Gets Some Hose Candy
ce893093 Audi 1.8T Gets Some Hose Candy
8dacdcd2 Audi 1.8T Gets Some Hose Candy
Link to the forum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Text

Test